12-Hydroxy Stearic Acid finds applications in a wide variety of uses.
- In the manufacture of multipurpose Lithium and Calcium greases
- In the manufacture of acrylic polymers
- As an internal lubricant for moulding of plastics
- Aqueous & non aqueous coatings for automotive, equipment, appliances and architectural applications
- As a shrink resistant treatment for wool
- As coating liners for the interior of metal food and beverage containers.
- Aviator and internal lubricant for natural and synthetic rubbers.
- As a theology modifier for Inks
- In the manufacture of specialty chemicals such as esters, ethoxylates, sulfates etc. for plasticizers, textile, cosmetics and metal working operations.